Are you interested in furthering the environmental agenda in shipping? At Anemoi we have designed modern mechanical sails, known as Rotor Sails, which are comprised of tall cylinders. These harness the renewable power of the wind to propel ships, significantly reducing fuel consumption and lowering harmful emissions entering our atmosphere.
We are now looking for an experienced Project Engineer who will take responsibility for the technical and commercial management of projects for integration of Anemoi Rotor Sail equipment onto ships, from pre-contract planning and discussions with clients through to final handover of the completed project.
The job involves:
- Project planning and management for equipment supply, integration design, shipyard activities, installation, commissioning and sea trials.
- Managing technical and commercial interfaces between Anemoi’s clients, design consultants, supply chain, shipyard, classification societies and third-party engineering companies.
- Interpreting and communicating the client’s requirements as well as commercial, legal and safety considerations to Anemoi’s engineering and production team and consultants.
- Managing structural, electrical and hydraulic system integration designs by design consultants and shipyards.
- Liaison with classification societies supporting the process for AIP and plan approval of integration designs.
- Liaison with Anemoi’s client, yard project team, integration designers, classification societies, Anemoi engineering, projects, supply chain, procurement and production teams to answer queries and to anticipate and solve issues.
- Ensuring that technical documentation is consistent and delivered to quality, cost and time expectations.
- Regular reporting to Anemoi management and to clients on project progress, budget, timescale and risks.
- Project handover and wrap-up including lessons learned and feedback into continuous improvement for Anemoi people, products and procedures.
With a relevant technical degree e.g. Engineering, Marine Technology or Naval Architecture, you will have experience of managing substantial marine projects from a technical perspective, preferably including some shipyard experience. Experience of working abroad, ideally in the Far East/China would be ideal. If the following qualities apply to you, we’d love to hear from you:
- Strong technical understanding
- Excellent written English
- Able to explain complex technical issues clearly
- Commercial mindset and solution-oriented attitude
- Confident in multi-tasking
- Thrives in a high paced environment
- Strong relationship builder
- Team player
- Systematic self-checker with strong attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
What we offer:
With offices in London and Brockenhurst, we are adapting to a hybrid working environment with up to 2 days per week working from home. We are a professional, smart, collaborative and supportive team, all passionate about Rotor Sail technology and our mission to reduce CO2 emissions. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days’ holiday pa plus public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Medical Health cover