Supply Chain Commercial Accountant
Purpose of the Job
To be a business partner to the engineering team, providing commercial analysis of rotor contracts to ensure profit margins are maintained. This role will also be responsible for the oversight of the financials for the China operations and full end to end Supply Chain commercials.
Full Time – 3 days in the new office location (Lloyds Avenue, London).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Build commercial costings and cash flows for each rotor contract. Analysing any cost variances and challenging the engineering team on any materials slippage. Updating each contract weekly/monthly as required
- Build and maintain a consolidated model for all contracts to enable the business to understand the full margins and cash flow requirements. Monthly feed to central finance
- Develop a pricing mechanism for the consultancy arm of Anemoi (UK and China) to ensure all additional customer support is profitable.
- Support the CFO with working capital analysis to manage cash requirements
- Provide Input into the strategic 5-year plan for the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow for the commercial contracts building a model/sourcing software where required
- Manage the capital spend required to meet the production plan requirements in China
- Working with the management accountant to evaluate product costings to ensure that Anemoi’s Rotor Sail products are fully and accurately costed. Reconcile and report cost variances and trouble shoot with the engineering team
- Be finance liaison with China Office ( 3rd party bookkeeper ) to ensure the China monthly accounts reflect the operations, challenge any unnecessary spend and feed into central finance
- Build the China Opex budget alongside the China team, meeting the UK Group Timetable
- Evaluate and recommend a service fee from the China Operation into the UK to minimise UK share capital investment
- Assist CFO at period end to review reporting packs where necessary and provide input to central finance team for the project’s P&L, cashflow and balance sheet.
- Manage stock valuations for stock by customer/on hand and ensure inventory is kept upto date by China team & engineering
- Undertake ad-hoc finance duties including resolving finance queries relating to contract management and supporting engineering and procurement team.
Education / Qualifications
- Qualified (+ 3 years experience) ( ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Degree Educated 2.1 class
- Good A levels (26 points, BBC) or AAT qualified
- Strong manufacturing/project background
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Compilation of product costings and variances
- Experience of working with high value products
- Ability to model data and produce forecasts
- Proven Data Analysis knowledge and experience
- Can compile primary financial statements
- Experience of management accounts & review
Personal Qualities and Competences
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal/business relationship skills
- Advanced use of Excel/Ability to model/forecast
- Good communicator
- Good written English
- High attention to detail
- Uses initiative/self starter