Technical Sales Engineer
We are a global provider of proven wind technology, driving a more sustainable future for the shipping industry by designing and implementing renewable technology that supports the significant reduction of emissions by up to 30%. In recent years we have received significant market interest from key industry players, and we are expecting rapid growth scaling to 50 Rotor Sail installations per year by 2025.
We are constantly striving to deliver more, taking a forward-thinking approach to create a sustainable future for the shipping industry. We have won numerous industry awards, our latest The Wind Propulsion Innovation Award for developers of innovative technology and ship designs.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an eager and enthusiastic Technical Sales Engineer with a few years’ experience in technical sales and knowledge of the marine industry.
You will have the opportunity to work with our international client base which extends to China, Singapore, Brazil, Southern and Northern Europe to support the delivery of the sales and marketing strategy and achieve the Company’s sales targets.
For further information visit https://anemoimarine.com/
Purpose of the Job
To independently manage customer relationships and support sales projects through the cycle from technical feasibility studies through to commercial negotiations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership for technical responses to proposals and bids
- Provide support for the sales team in putting together commercial proposals
- Provide high-level advice to clients on the technical aspects of Rotor Sail implementation – including options for positioning of rotors on ships, how to overcome installation challenges – liaising as required with the Engineering team.
- Produce Technical Requirement Specifications on a per customer/per partner basis
- Run Fuel Saving Assessments (FSA)
- Conduct handovers of new projects for implementation
- Build and maintain relationships with the technical leaders at the client/partner site
- Management of the company CRM system
- Participate in client meetings, marketing initiatives and in business development activities in and out of local country, as required
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a marine engineering/ technology or Naval Architecture
- A strong technical background and experience in B2B sales
- Experience working for an international business
- Confident with ability to talk about customer’s technical needs
- A “Can Do” attitude
- Client-facing experience with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to act as a skilled influencer
- Cross cultural awareness
- Commercial awareness
Anemoi is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.